Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, March 3, 2014

Fabrication of Aluminum Side Number Plates for 1977 Bultaco Pursang MK10 Model 192

Finished product.  Still need to work out the bubbles.  Number plate decal from EBay seller Dan.Guerry92345.


Top and rear view of Number plate with rolled edge.



I had the rough original fiberglass number plates, and blue plastic reproduction items on the right.  I didn't love either option so decided to make my own using the plastic plates as a pattern.  On the left are the cut out blanks with the protective covering still attached.


These are the aluminum number plates after edge rolling.  The photo below is of the back side. 


This the edge rolling tool.  Special thanks to my friend Ira for letting me use the tool, as well as a little instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment