Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Removing Striping Decals and Prepping Tank for New Stripe Decals on my KZ1000 LTD.

Ready for new Stripe Tape

Didn't work

Didn't work

Didn't work.

3M Stripe Eraser worked great but left a bit of a ridge.


Didn't work

Didn't work

Didn't work

Meguiar's and an inexpensive Harbor Freight 6" Orbital Polisher make an excellent team.  After polishing the ridge is very close to gone.  I'm afraid that taking it down further could affect pain 


 

2 comments:

  1. please post extra amount of good pics after the tank is done, of the entire bike. I think it's one of those types of cool vintage muscle cruizer bas assed bikes that will double in value every few years on out. it was and always be one of the coolest bikes ever made. kind of like a black 1980's Trans Am or a Buick grand National. how much money do you estimate it could sell for at a big bike auction? I have not researched or Googled it at all but would guess $18,000?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing about 25% of that. $4,500. Two years ago it was only about $2,000. As the first gen Z1s go up in price I think this will get there, but I think it's going take a little time.

      Delete