Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Light Switch Repair on 1971 Kawasaki A7 SS Avenger

I hooked the mirror on the Avenger and snapped it out of the switch housing.  I found a new housing on EBay (for about $15) so figured this wouls be an easy fix.

Three screws allow access to the components.

I unscrewed the slide that holds the switch in place and everything exploded.  These are the parts.

I tried putting it all in the new housing using my sausage shaped fingers with no success.  I went down to Harbor Freight and purchased a set of tweezers which made all the difference.  Using the clamping tweezers  I was able to hold the spring, ball-bearing, and switch slider in place.  This freed up my hands to assemble the other parts.

Correct part.

Re-assembled with new housing.


No comments:

Post a Comment