Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, January 3, 2020

Carburetor cleaning for the 2005 Beta 450RR

The Beta 450RR I purchased last month had been sitting for awhile so it needed a little carburetor cleaning.  It's super-tight fit and not the easiest part to pull out (unless you know a few tricks).  I'll pass on wht little I learned in the process.  First thing there was no need to remove the exhaust.  I found that if remove the fuel inlet pipe there is enough room to pull the carburetor out through the top of the frame. 


Another trick I found on YouTube... cleaner the sensor connector before attempting to disconnect it.  I used a toothbrush and after seconds of cleaning the connector pulled apart easily.


Another little hint... this little allen screw holds the throttle cable cover on the carburetor.  I did not see the screw until I study the exploded view of the carburetor in the repair manual. 

This is the fuel inlet pipe I mentioned in the beginning.  It's held in place with a little phillips screw.


These shots are intended to show how tight the space is.


No comments:

Post a Comment